What Is Checked During A Home Inspection
Buying a new house is a very exciting event in everyone’s life. Perhaps you have been looking forward to buying your own home for quite some time now, which makes it even more spectacular. However, buying a new home can become a nightmare if not done right. In fact, if you are clueless about what to pay attention to, you might find yourself in a home that is completely different than what you expected. Or worse, you have to fix so many things, that you run out of cash fast.
Such things can easily be avoided with the right kind of preparation. Whether you are new to the game, or a more experienced buyer, it is always a wise decision to perform a home inspection before signing the contract. Most home buyers have no idea about the construction of a home or the components it consists of. A home inspector can create a home inspection report based on a certain checklist; however, what is being checked can vary from one state to the other. The home inspection checklist also depends on the inspector itself and the association he belongs to. Schedule Online your Buford Home Inspection
Nonetheless, there are things that most inspectors will always check. Whether you are buying a home or selling one, below you will find a basic overview of a home inspection checklist, so you are able to prepare yourself accordingly.
- In most states, the first thing that is being checked is the structural elements of a house. This includes the ceilings, construction of the walls, the roof, and also the foundation.
- Next, the exterior is evaluated. Home inspectors frequently analyze the state of wall coverings, drainage systems, fences, sidewalks, and other important elements right outside of the home.
- The roof and the attic are also checked on most occasions. This includes the framing, the construction of the roof, gutters, and any present ventilation.
- A home inspection also includes the identification of plumbing issues, such as pipe materials, faucets, toilets, vent pipes, and more. Do note that the sewer is not always inspected.
- Water heaters, furnaces, chimneys, sprinkler systems, and air conditioning are checked as a part of systems and components inspection.
- Next, the electrical system in the house is checked, including the types of wires, grounding, main panel, and more.
- Appliances such as dishwashers, ovens, garbage disposal, and more are checked during a home inspection.
- Lastly, the garage is checked, including the walls, ceiling, doors, lights, and more.
Be aware that home inspections do not cover everything. It might be wise, therefore, to hire our own contractor if you want to be completely sure about everything. Lastly, as a buyer, you need to be aware of the fact that a home inspection report does give you information about the exact state every component of the house is in. It should however tell you if there are any problems that need to be fixed. Always do your own due diligence.
Our Inspections Are So Good, THEY’RE GUARANTEED
Home to giants Coca-Cola and Delta Airlines, and almost any company you can think of, Atlanta has been a booming and increasingly prosperous city in the South of GA, Atlanta. And if you’re on for a big move in Atlanta, Buford offers you a dense suburban feel and a great home to live in with the help of our pros at Sure Thing Home Inspection.
We understand how it feels like not being sure if you’re looking at the right home to buy or what needs attention before listing your home for sale. Our Licensed and NACHI Certified home inspectors are at your service to provide you with the knowledge to confidently make that buying or selling decision.
We treat our clients’ homes the way we would treat ours. All our inspections are done thoroughly, consistently, and professionally. Our pros at Sure Thing Home Inspection will evaluate all aspects of your property following company policies and procedures, and industry standards. A full digital report with color photos will be provided to you after the inspection.
Call (678) 971-2633 or Click To Schedule Online your Buford, Atlanta Home Inspection TODAY.
Our Inspections are So Good, They’re Guaranteed – Sure Thing Home Inspection.