You’ve waited all winter for the chance to transform your lawn from that drab, frozen tundra into the lush, green oasis you know it can be. But this transformation doesn’t happen overnight, and you can’t expect Mother Nature to take care of everything herself. Getting your dream yard is going to require a little work on your part, but the rewards are worth the efforts and as you’ll see, even the smallest changes can have a big impact. Follow each of the five simple tips below and you’ll be enjoying your yard all season long.
5 Things You Can Do To Improve The Look Of Your Lawn Today
* Water more heavily, less often. When it comes to watering your lawn, less is more, provided you’re talking about watering frequency and not water amount. Instead of several light sprinklings, give your lawn one thorough watering (about an inch a week) and you’ll ensure more of the water is absorbed by your lawn instead of being lost to evaporation.
* Cut right, cut smart. When it comes to lawn care, having the right mower makes all the difference. Husqvarna lawn mowers with high performance cutting decks will give superior cut quality and performance and most are capable of bagging, mulching or straight discharge. If your lawn is rough or hilly, a self-propelled drive system can take the work out of mowing. Some models now even have capability of four-wheel drive to further reduce effort.
* Trim back overgrown trees and bushes. The most beautiful yard in the world can be quickly overshadowed – literally and figuratively – by unkempt trees and bushes. How far you trim back your trees and bushes is a matter of preference, but any dead branches should be removed. After that, make sure you trim uniformly and clean up when you’re done to finish that polished look.
* Take the time to aerate. One of the most effective ways to support new grass growth is to aerate your lawn. Using a mechanical or manual aerator, you can punch small holes in the soil, allowing much-needed water, air and nutrients to make it down to the root structure, supporting future grass development and long-term yard health.
* Get motivated to mulch. Regular mulching reduces weeds while promoting the health and growth of your lawn by returning needed nutrients back to the soil. In addition, because mulch clippings are comprised of 85 percent water and just 5 percent nitrogen, leaving them on your lawn can satisfy as much as 25 percent of your fertilizer needs. So the next time you feel the need to bag, opt to mulch instead.
After months of winter weather, you’re ready to relax on your beautiful green lawn once again, and getting there is easier than you think. Apply the tips above and you’ll be able to create the yard that’s perfect for everything you have planned for the season. For more tips on improving your lawn and to learn more about Husqvarna mowers and dealer locations, visit www.Husqvarna.com/us.
Lawn Care: Topsoil Topdressing
Your Premier Buford Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced home inspector help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Sure Thing Home Inspections will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Buford area, we can help!
Owned and operated by home inspector and mold inspection specialist, Rob Donahue. Rob prides himself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers .
We Want To Help Give You Confidence In Moving Forward On Your Home Buying Decisions!